Call us FREE
0800 567 7173 / 0121 565 4317

Open 7 days a week

Or Claim Online

Home »Locations» »

 Accident Claims Merseyside

Our Accident Claims team cover the following areas of Merseyside: 
Aintree Bebington Beechwood Birkdale Birkenhead Bootle Bromborough Crosby Formby Heswall Hoylake Kirkby Knowsley Ledsham Litherland Liverpool  Moreton Newton-le-Willows Port Sunlight Prenton Prescot Rainford Rainhill Rock Ferry Southport St. Helens Thatto Heath Thornton Hough Upton Wallasey West Kirby

Road Accident Claims Merseyside

A hit and run accident occurs when someone hits your vehicle and flees the scene. An increasing number of drivers simply fail to stop after involvement in an accident leaving the scene before they can be traced. Some drivers give false particulars especially if they are driving a stolen vehicle. Road Traffic Act 1988 section 170, requires a driver to stop when involved in a road accident resulting in injury to someone else or damage to his or her vehicle. The driver must also give details of his or her address and vehicle registration number if requested on reasonable grounds otherwise he or she should report the accident to the police. Pursuing a civil claim against a hit and run or untraced driver is not possible because there is no identifiable defendant. Fortunately it is possible to apply for compensation from the Motor Insurers’ Bureau under the Untraced Driver's Agreement.

Accident Claim Solicitors Merseyside

After being struck by a hit and run driver, it is best to remain in control and try to immediately record as much information as you can about the incident and contact the police. Also if you have enough information that can be used to eventually identify the guilty party you can gain that person's car insurance information via the police or your insurer. You need to contact the carrier and file a claim with them and attempt to collect money for your expenses. Even if you can't recall any of these bits of information at least write down the location and time of the accident and as many other details about the sequence of events as you can. If the police do not manage to trace the driver responsible for your accident at all then your only option may be to approach the MIB directly to see if they can help you. It is very important to report any hit and run or untraced driver’s accident to the police within 24 hours from the time of accident as failure to do so can cause difficulties in making a claim through Motor Insurer’s Bureau.

No Win No Fee Personal Injury Claims - Call us on
0800 567 7173 or 0121 565 4317

  • No Win No Fee
  • Free advice
  • Easy & straight forward
  • We do all the paperwork
  • Independent & impartial company
  • Home visits
  • Solicitors with 20+ years experience
If you're looking for JUSTICE - Then contact Claim Justice and we can start your compensation claim straight away. It's No Win No Fee! Call our specialist personal injury claims team on 0800 567 7173 or if using a mobile then 0121 565 4317. We are open 24 hours 7 days a week. If you want us to call you back then please click here

Contact Us

Please enter the text exactly as it appears.

Claim Compensation

claim justice is a good accident claims company - Excellent company I would say when it comes to services and fast pay outs. Will recommend this company if you had any kind of acci... more


- Sara