Claim Today For Your Injuries
Our solicitors based in Birmingham are here to start your claim today for accidents and injuries that were not your fault.
Claim Today For Compensation Claims
Many people throughout Birmingham are injured every day in accidents that aren’t their fault. If you are one of them, maybe through a car accident or an accident at work, you may be able to make a claim today. Compensation is the term for money you would receive either to mitigate the effects of your injury (such as getting specialist care, modifying your home after a severe accident or rehabilitation assistance) or to recognise the harm that has been done to you. Money doesn’t undo your injury, but it can be the only mechanism to obtain justice. Compensation after an injury at work, for example, means that your employers have admitted that they should have looked after you better and, hopefully, means that they will take steps today and in the future to protect you and your co-workers.
When Can I Claim For Personal Injury?
You can claim compensation for an injury only if you have been injured or otherwise harmed and when someone else is at fault. This doesn’t have to mean that they were the direct cause of the accident. Your employer can be liable for an accident at work, for example, if they did not give you the correct personal protective equipment (PPE). Similarly, slipping and falling on a Birmingham pavement can just be an accident, but if it is the result of poorly maintained paving and someone else had a responsibility for the upkeep of that paving, they would be liable for your injury claim.
In extreme cases, it may also be possible to make an injury claim on behalf of someone else. This is usually in cases of serious injury or death when the victim cannot claim themselves. In this case, the next of kin would be in the unfortunate position of having to make an injury claim on their behalf. These cases can be very complex and we would strongly recommend that you call our Birmingham-based team of personal injury specialists on 0121 565 4317 or claim online today in order to discuss this claim in more detail.
Claim Today But There Is A 3 Year Time Limit
There is also a time limit for making a compensation claim for personal injury. In most cases, this is three years from the date of the accident, although this can be longer in a few situations, such as if the person injured was under 18 at the time of the accident or injury.
Three years may seem like a long time, but it can easily pass you by and leave you with no way to gain legal redress for what happened to you, or to access the finances you need to help you get your life back to normal. We recommend that you don’t delay. Call us on 0121 565 4317 or claim online today to discuss your claim in a free, no obligation consultation.
Who Decides How Much Compensation I Deserve?
The amount of compensation you may be eligible for as a result of your personal injury claim will depend on your specific circumstances. There are official guidelines, which have been drawn up by the Judicial College which show the range of compensation that can be expected for a particular injury. These ranges tend to be very wide, to allow for a large amount of variety within a single injury. There are also other factors that influence how much compensation you might receive, including any expenses you may have incurred as a result of your personal injury or if you have received multiple injuries in the same accident.
If both parties are unable to reach an agreement, it may be necessary for the Birmingham district courts to decide how much compensation is appropriate. In almost all personal injury claims, the amount of compensation is agreed by negotiation between the parties. Although we are acting on your behalf, it is always your decision whether to accept an offer of compensation. We will give you advice, but the final decision to accept or reject an amount of compensation offered is yours. If you would like to know how much compensation you are likely to receive in a personal injury claim, call us on 0121 565 4317 or claim online today.
How Does Making A Compensation Claim Work?
Making a compensation claim for personal injury sustained as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault can be very straightforward. As with all personal injury compensation claims, we strongly advise that you obtain legal advice today, before beginning your claim. We offer our services on a no win no fee basis to the majority of our Birmingham clients. This means that you won’t need to pay anything up front to make your personal injury compensation claim.
To Make A Claim Today – We Will Start Immediately
- Once you have asked us to act on your behalf as your Birmingham-based personal injury solicitors, we will write to the person who was responsible for what happened to you, letting them know that you are making a compensation claim for your accident, asking them to accept liability for the event (this is the legal term for them accepting that they were at fault) and giving them a deadline to reply. This is the start of the claim process. Some people or organisations will accept liability immediately, especially if it is very clear how the accident or injury was their fault.
- If the other party does not accept liability for what has happened, we will need to gather evidence to support your claim. This could be through obtaining pictures of the accident if you have any, witness statements, police reports or through obtaining testimony from industry experts as to whether the other party was taking sufficient care or not. Once we have gathered sufficient evidence, liability is almost always agreed. In the very rare situations where the other party does not accept liability, we will not be able to conduct any negotiations for compensation and will have go to court.
- Once the other party has been notified and liability has been agreed, it is necessary to conduct negotiations to agree how much compensation you are entitled to. The other party will often offer a much lower figure than you deserve initially, to see whether you might accept it and also to lower your expectations for the rest of the negotiations. Our expert team of personal injury solicitors will notify you of every offer the other party makes, and it is always your decision as to whether you choose to accept. We will give you the benefit of our experience, however, advising you as to whether we believe that an offer is fair or not. This way, you are in control of the process but still gain all of the support you need to make the best possible decision for you.
- If we are unable to agree on a figure for compensation or if the other party refuses to accept liability, you may need to go to court to explain your personal injury claim. If this happens, we will be with you, supporting you throughout the process, making sure that you are clear on what is happening at all times. It is worth stressing that this is very rare. The majority of cases are resolved long before they get anywhere near a courtroom.
- Payment. The final step is that you receive the compensation that has been agreed. This is the first time that you will have to pay any fees at all, and our fees are set as a percentage of your payment. This means that, if we are not able to obtain the compensation you deserve, you will not be left with any legal bills. It also means that you will always be left better off as a result of your successful personal injury claim.
If you have any questions about the claims process, call us on 0121 565 4317 or claim online today.
What Kinds Of Injuries Can I Claim For Today?
Most personal injury solicitors spend all of their time working on personal injury claims, meaning that they are real specialists and experts in their field. Our Birmingham team of highly experienced personal injury solicitors work regularly on a wide variety of different accidents and injuries. Cases that we are working on today are likely to include:
- Car Accidents
- Accidents at Work
- Supermarket Claims
- Forklift Accidents
- Ladder Falls
- Motorbike Accident Claims
- Gym Accident Claims
- Warehouse Accident Claims
- Scaffold Accident Claims
- Office Accident Claims
- Toe Injury Claims
- Neck Injury Claims
- Whiplash Injury Claims
- Hand Injury Claims
- Back Injury Claims
- Leg Injury Claims
- Amputation Claims
- Eye Injury Claims
- Spinal Injury Claims
- Brain Injury Claims
- Arm Injury Claims
- Head Injury Claims
- Elbow Injury Claims
- Knee Injury Claims
- Foot Injury Claims
- Finger Injury Claims
Call To A Claim Today For Your Injuries – Give Us A Call
If your accident or injury is not included above, we are still able to help. Please call us on 0121 565 4317 or claim online today to discuss the possibility of making a personal injury compensation claim. Our dedicated, Birmingham-based team will be happy to discuss your no win no fee case with you and give you our honest, unbiased advice based on years of experience of personal injury compensation claims. We will give you our estimate of the likelihood of your claim being successful and the amount of compensation we believe you might be entitled to. We will also explain whether we are able to offer our personal injury solicitor services on a no win no fee basis. If we are not able to offer you a no win no fee agreement, we will discuss alternative funding options with you.
Taking the first steps in your personal injury claim can be some of the hardest. Contact us today and let our dedicated team get you the compensation you deserve.