Supermarket Accident Claims
Our accident claims solicitors are here 7 days a week to start your supermarket injury claim.
Accidents can happen anywhere and in any part of our lives. In many cases, however, there is a responsibility on others to ensure that the environment around us is safe and secure. When we are shopping, whether at a supermarket or any other shop, we are entitled to expect that our health and safety are taken extremely seriously. Unfortunately, this is not always the case, as a wide variety of avoidable accidents can and do occur every day in shops around the country.
If your accident was avoidable and it was not your fault, you are likely to be eligible to make a compensation claim for your supermarket or shop accident. If you think that you might be able to make a claim, call us on 0121 565 4317 or use our claims form online to arrange a free, no obligation consultation. Our team of expert personal injury solicitors will listen to the unique details of your case, making sure that we fully understand the precise circumstances surrounding your accident and the ways in which your injury has impacted your life. This will allow us to help you through the process of making a supermarket compensation claim.
What Kinds Of Accidents Could I Claims For In My Supermarket Claim?
You are able to make a supermarket compensation claim for injuries sustained during or as a result of any accident in a supermarket which could have been predicted and prevented or at least mitigated (made less serious). It is necessary to show that the owners, management or staff were negligent or careless with your safety and that your accident was a result of this carelessness. Examples of accidents that could lead to supermarket claims include:
- Slips, Trips And Falls
It is essential that anyone in charge of a public place ensures that the main pathways are kept clean, safe and free from any trip hazards. You would need to demonstrate that the staff or management of the supermarket were careless or negligent in order to make a claim following your slip or fall within a supermarket. If sufficient precautions are not taken to ensure your safety, for example by putting up signs to mark wet floors, clearing up any spillages promptly, avoiding items being left in the aisles and making sure that all flooring is flat and well maintained, the supermarket would be liable for any injuries you sustained if you slipped, tripped or fell on their premises. If you are unsure as to whether your accident could be attributed to negligence on the part of a supermarket or other shop, please call us on 0121 565 4317 or use our online claims form. We will be able to assess the likelihood of you winning your claim and provide you with expert advice.
- Falling Objects
Supermarkets aim to keep as much of their stock accessible as possible and to minimise the time spent re-stocking shelves. Unfortunately, this business priority can sometimes lead them to place more stock on the top shelves than can be safely secured, resulting in the risk of injury to you if something falls while you are walking past. Provided you are acting in a manner that would be considered reasonable for the situation (i.e. you are not clambering onto the shelves to reach items far above you), the supermarket would be considered at fault if you were to be injured by something falling onto you.
- Injuries Sustained From Doors Or Other Surfaces
Everything you are expected to interact with in a shop or supermarket needs to be safe. This means that you should be able to hold on to handrails, open and close doors and generally behave in ways that you would expect, given the environment. If something does not operate as expected and you are injured as a result, the supermarket may be liable. This includes if automatic doors close too strongly, meaning that your hands or fingers are stuck or crushed or if handrails or other commonly-touched surfaces have sharp edges and you are scratched or cut.
- Being Struck By A Trolley Outside Of The Store
Supermarket trolleys are supposed to make life easier, but they can pose a hazard when being returned to the shop. If the staff are inattentive or careless. This is especially true when vehicles are used to transport the trolleys rather than them being pushed by hand, although the physical force required to push so many trolleys at once can lead to staff losing control. If you are struck by a supermarket trolley that was not under the control of another shopper, you may be able to make a supermarket claim for personal injury compensation.
This is not an exhaustive list of the possible accidents that could lead you to make a supermarket claim. If you believe that you might be eligible for compensation following your accident or injury in a supermarket, call us on 0121 565 4317 or use our online claims form to see whether we can help.
How Do I Make A Supermarket Accident Claim?
Making a compensation claim for personal injury following an accident or injury in a supermarket is less difficult that you might have imagined. The first thing to do is to call us on call us on 0121 565 4317 or use our claims form online to arrange a free, no obligation consultation. During this short conversation, we will listen to your story, making sure that we understand what has happened to you, including the causes of your accident, the full extent to your injuries and the way in which these injuries have impacted your life. Once we have all of this information, we will be able to give you the best possible advice as to your chances of winning your case and the amount of compensation you can expect to receive.
We will also discuss the options open to you to fund your supermarket claim. Most of our clients are able to receive our services on a no win no fee basis. This means that there is no need to pay anything up front and our fees are capped at a percentage of your compensation payment. If we are not able to obtain compensation for you, you will not owe us a penny. This payment agreement means that you are able to pursue justice for your supermarket accident or injury without putting yourself at financial risk, knowing that you will never be left financially worse off as a result of having made a claim and you will always receive the majority of any payment that you are awarded. Once a no win no fee arrangement has been agreed, we will be able to work on your behalf.
How We Start Supermarket Accident Claims?
- We write to the owner, manager or insurance company of the supermarket or shop in question, whichever is most appropriate. We will inform them that you are making a personal injury compensation claim and ask them to accept liability (this is a legal term for accepting that they were at fault). For many accidents and injuries, the other party will accept liability straight away.
- If the other party refuses to accept liability, we will gather evidence on your behalf. This is made significantly easier if you have pictures of the area around your accident taken at the time and if you informed the supermarket of you accident and had it written into their accident book. If you do not have this evidence, don’t worry. We are able to request their CCTV evidence and can discuss the accident with any witnesses to gain additional evidence.
- Once sufficient evidence has been gathered that the other party accepts liability, we will conduct negotiations for compensation amounts on your behalf. Although we will deal with all of the correspondence and communication involved in the actual negotiation, you remain in control the whole way through the process. We will inform you of every offer that is put forward and give you our expert opinion as to whether this is a fair offer or not. It is common for the other party to offer one or more very low initial offers to see whether you might be willing to accept a far smaller payment than you are entitled to. Our expertise and support allows you to be sure that the offer you accept is reasonable and in line with what you might expect given the specifics of your injuries and the impact that your accident and injuries have had on your life.
- If the other party does not accept liability or if we are unable to agree a fair amount of compensation given the extent of your injuries, we may need to go to court to resolve your claim. This is actually very rare, as it is in the best interests of both parties to resolve the matter before a court appearance. If we do have to go to court to find a resolution to your supermarket claim, we will be with you throughout the process, ensuring that you understand exactly what is going on and why. Our supportive team of expert personal injury solicitors are able to give you the confidence you need to cope with your court appearance and explain your personal, unique situation to the court.
If you have suffered an accident or injury in a supermarket or other shop and think that you might be able to make a personal injury compensation claim, don’t hesitate. Call us on 0121 565 4317 or use our online claims form to find out just how easy it can be to get the compensation you deserve.