Supermarket Accident Slips And Trips
Our supermarket accident solicitors are here to help you 7 days a week to start your injury claim that was not your fault.
Supermarkets have put millions of pounds into researching the environments that make us most likely to spend money, including colourful displays, bright lighting and shiny, clean floors. Unfortunately, these conditions of bright lights combined with hard, smooth floors combined with large numbers of people and the opportunity for a wide variety of spilled liquids can lead to supermarkets being hazardous. Slips, trips and falls are common in supermarkets and many of these could have been foreseen and prevented.
If you are injured in a slip, trip or fall at a supermarket and it wasn’t your fault, you may be eligible for compensation. If we can prove that the supermarket could have done something to avoid your accident but failed to do so, you may be eligible for a financial payment to compensate you for the pain and suffering you have experienced as well as to ensure that you get your life back on track following the accident. If you think that you might be able to make a supermarket slip claim, call us on 0121 565 4317 or claim online to arrange your free, no obligation consultation. Our highly experienced team of expert personal injury solicitors will take the time to listen to your situation and make sure that we are able to offer the very best personalised advice based on your unique circumstances.
Slips, Trips, Falls And Accidents In A Supermarket
Slips, trips and falls can happen anywhere and are usually not cause to make a personal injury claim. If there was something someone could have done to help prevent or mitigate (make less serious) your accident or injury and they failed to do this, however, you may be able to make a claim. Common causes of slips, trips or falls in a supermarket include:
- Floors made wet, slippery and therefore unsafe as a result of poor weather. If you slip on a floor made wet by a large number of people coming and going from the supermarket on a wet or snowy day, you may think that this is ‘just one of those things’. In fact, the supermarket should have anticipated the large number of people coming and the impact that the weather might have. They could have put in sufficient mats to allow excess water to be removed from people’s shoes when first entering the shop, have put up signs to warn you about a potentially slippery floor and made sure that their staff were mopping the floor on a regular basis. Given that they could have anticipated the circumstances that would lead to an accident, they could be considered negligent if they did not do these things to keep you safe, which means that you would be eligible for compensation.
- Dropped products creating spills within the store. Although the supermarket is not to blame for items being dropped by other customers, they must be alert to the possibility of this happening and they must respond appropriately when it does. This should include putting up wet floor signs immediately, especially if the spillage is of a clear liquid that would be hard to see. They should also ensure that a staff member cleans up the affected area promptly to ensure that the hazard is removed as quickly as possible.
- Products ready to go onto the shelves being left in aisles. Keeping the shelves of a supermarket stoked with all our favourite products is a never-ending task. It must be done in a way that does not put shoppers at risk, however. It is reasonable to expect that you would be able to see and avoid large cages containing all of the products about to be put on the shelves, so you might not be able to claim if you tripped over one of these. A few products on the floor, however, would be well away from eye height and could be relatively easy to trip over. Proving liability (the legal term for who was responsible for the accident) would be based on whether it would be reasonable to anticipate that someone might trip over the items. The smaller and more hidden the items that caused your fall, the more likely you are to be able to make a successful supermarket slip claim.
- Cables, leads or other trip hazards lying across walkways. As with products being left in the aisles, cables and other trip hazards should not be permitted to put members of the public at risk. You are less likely to be able to claim for a slip, trip or fall if you trip over a power cable connected to a floor cleaner being used right next to you than you are if you trip over a cable that connects to an unattended piece of machinery or one that is out of sight.
- Uneven or poorly maintained flooring. Peeling floor tiles or uneven flooring can be very hard to spot and easy to fall over. It is essential that all flooring is kept in a good condition and it would be considered negligent if the shop failed to make any repairs quickly. If the damage to the flooring leads to a high risk of a slip, trip or fall, it might also be necessary for the management of the supermarket to use signs or hazard tape to alert you and make sure that you are careful. If these things have not been done and you sustain a fall as a result, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Uneven or poorly maintained paving or other surfaces outside of the shop. The responsibility of the supermarket management often does not end at their front doors. If they have an outside area or car park, they are also responsible for making sure that these areas are kept safe and secure and free of defects and unnecessary or unexpected hazards. If you slip, trip or fall in the car park outside a supermarket, you may still be able to make a supermarket slip compensation claim.
How Does Claim Justice Help For Supermarket Accident Claims Victims?
Claim justice have an expert team of personal injury solicitors who are highly experienced in helping people just like you make a supermarket slip compensation claim. We understand that the process of making a claim for your accident or injury suffered in a supermarket can be deeply stressful and we want to take as much of that worry away from you. This is why we offer our services on a no win no fee basis to the majority of our clients. No win no fee means that you don’t need to worry about finding the money to pay for legal services before beginning your claim. As soon as you have signed a no win no fee agreement with us, we are able to act on your behalf and begin to progress your claim.
Legal fees can be expensive and, if left unchecked, could easily amount to more than the compensation awarded especially for the more complex cases. This is why our no win no fee agreements put a cap on our fees at a percentage of your compensation payment. This means that you will not pay a penny in legal fees if we are not able to obtain the compensation you deserve and also that, if we win, you know that you will get the large majority of the compensation that you are awarded. This peace of mind allows you to concentrate on getting better while we deal with the process of making your claim.
Can I Claim For Losses Following My Supermarket Accident Claim?
Our personal injury solicitors are here to listen to the details of your case, making sure that we understand what happened to you, the full details of your personal injury as a result of your accident and the ways in which these injuries have impacted your life. This means that we are able to ensure that you get the full compensation that you are entitled to. Compensation payments for specific injuries are set by the Judicial College (a national governing body), but these payments often make up only a small part of the compensation you are awarded. Compensation is also awarded to cover any costs or expenses you may have incurred as a result of your supermarket slip. These payments could be for loss of earnings if you are unable to work for a period of time following your supermarket accident, the cost of travel to and from work if you are able to return to work but not able to drive there yourself. They can also include much larger and more serious items, such as loss of future earning if you are unable to continue in your previous job or making modifications to your home such as putting in a stair lift or moving to a wheelchair accessible home if this becomes necessary. By working with our team, you know that you are getting the best compensation deal that you can, taking your unique circumstances into account.
If you think that you might be able to claim for a supermarket slip, call us on 0121 565 4317 or use our online claims form and we will call you back.
No Win No Fee Personal Injury Claims - Call us on 0800 567 7173 or 0121 565 4317
- No Win No Fee
- Free advice
- Easy & straight forward
- We do all the paperwork
- Independent & impartial company
- Home visits
- Solicitors with 20+ years experience
If you’re looking for JUSTICE – Then contact Claim Justice and we can start your compensation claim straight away. It’s No Win No Fee! Call our specialist personal injury claims team on 0800 567 7173 or if using a mobile then 0121 565 4317. We are open 24 hours 7 days a week. If you want us to call you back then please click here