Work Injury Compensation
Our Work Injury Solicitors can get you the maximum amount of compensation. Give us a call to find out how much your work accident is worth.
At claim justice, we strive to ensure that your Personal Injury Claims are properly compensated. As a claimant, you are highly likely to get a higher Work Injury Compensation amount if you hire the services of a specialist Accident at Work Solicitor than doing it by yourself with no legal support.
Am I Eligible for a Work Injury Compensation?
Being an accident victim at work can be both stressful and financially difficult especially of the Work Injury has necessitated you to be signed off work for some time. Your employer has the duty of care that legally binds them to ensure that your work environment is safe. If for any reason this is not observed and you get involved in an Accident at work, then you can take them to court and claim for compensation.
If you can prove negligence on the part of your employer then you may get work Injury compensation. Your employer may be required to compensate you for the following;
- Loss of Income- if the work injury meant you not working and consequently being signed off work, this is a solid ground for compensation.
- Medical Expenses- these are all the costs you have incurred during treatment for the Accident at work. This can be costs of private care or prescription. You need medical reports and receipts to prove this.
- Travel Expenses- this can be taxi costs, bus costs going to and from the hospital in the duration of treatment.
- Unused memberships as a result of the injury such as gym membership.
Work Injury Compensation amounts depend on the severity of the injuries and the impact it has had on your life financially. In order for your solicitor to get you maximum work injury compensation, you need to have enough evidence that can prove negligence on the part of your employer. Therefore, before making a Personal Injury Claim,
- Know that there are time limits in claiming Work Injury Compensation. Usually a three year window period.
- Keep a record of the details about the accident. Your solicitor will need all the details leading into the accident and after. They might ask you what happened, when did it happen, where it happened, if there are any witnesses that might confirm your story and if it was an accident involving cars, did you note the registration numbers of the car?
- Take photographs of the scene of accident and any visible bruising.
- Let your supervisor know about the accident and make a record of it in the accident book.
- Maintain a detailed diary of all you losses such as receipts, medical costs, loss of earnings as a result of staying off work and anything else that shows financial losses directly related to the accident.
How long will the Work Injury Compensation Take To Settle?
Every Personal Injury claim is different and the length of time it takes varies from person to person. In order for you to get the maximum amount you need to value your claim fully and be patient during the process. You may jump on the first offer you receive since you are hurt and emotionally affected. Sadly, the reality is quick settlements always don’t mean the best amount. As a claimant, work with the advice of your solicitor as they know best. You are allowed to say no to a Work injury Compensation amount as many times as you wish of course under the advice of your solicitor.